"What brings me joy is to hear that someone looks at my photograph and feels what I felt when I captured it. It's a true moment of connectedness."
- Alex Strazzanti, MSW
With a background in marketing and fundraising, Alex has a deep understanding of which images create the most impact. Most customers remark about his strong ability to listen and truly envision their specific goals. His most notable strength is customizing services to individuals and businesses that meet their highest demands.
After receiving his Master of Social Work degree from Washington University in St. Louis he worked in social services for ten years, mostly supporting people with disabilities. In 2003, Alex re-discovered his passion for photography and Strazzanti Photography & Art was created. He began pursuing his interests fervently and soon discovered his affinity for capturing natural beauty would lead him to work with amazing people and explore wonderful places around the world.
Alex's photography is strongly influenced by his study and practice of Taoism, Buddhism, Yoga, and Insight Meditation. His images stand out as highly emotive, serene, and thoughtful. Natural beauty, balance, and connectedness are often themes found in his work. Many customers mention his ability to 'put people at ease' very quickly, thus capturing natural moments and fun to work with during photo shoots.
Alex lives in Seattle with his wife Jeannie and their dog Niko. When not working, Alex enjoys kayaking, hiking and planning trips, especially to National Parks of which he has visited 47, with more planned each year.
Alex's other endeavors:
- Dishing It Up! Card Game - Designer/Creator - 2019
- Days Of Exploration - Founder - 2017 - Present
- Wedgwood Art Festival - Co-Director - 2010 - 2017
- Plus One Foundation - Co-Founder / Co-President - 2010 - 2013
- Wallingford Art Walk - Founding Committee / Co-Director - 2008 - 2010
- Magnolia Arts Festival - Art Vendor Chair - 2007 - 2009
Stock Usage and Publications
- Reside Magazine, Sotheby's International - front page photo, Brandon Kelly architect, August, 2020
- Seattle Times, 6/5/2015 - front page, article 'Home-price boom: What $450k will buy you around Puget Sound'
- MonicaHerald.com, 2014 - home page banner photos
- WindermereNeighborhoodSeattle.org, 2014 - commissioned photography for website
- 'Canoe & Kayak' Magazine, 2008 - Kokatat ad
- 'Discover America: USA Travel Guide', 2007
- 'Kids' Museums Grow by Leaps and Bounds', USA Today, Feb, 2005
- Puget Sound Business Journal - May 13, 2003, 'Disabled workers' skill, desire impress employers'
Fine Art Shows & Events
- Wedgwood Art Festival - July, 2021
- Northwest Art Alliance, Spring Market, 2021
- SOMA Bodywork & Massage, Chad Kelderman's Office, 2016 - Present
- Avier Wealth Advisors - fine art canvas prints on permanent display at their Bellevue headquarters, 2015
- NEAT - North End Arts Tour - December 2014
- Seattle Canine Club - booth for pet portrait services - October 2014
- Wedgwood Art Festival - July 2014
- Union Bank in Ballard - April to June 2014
- NEAT - North End Arts Tour - December 2013
- Wedgwood Art Festival - July 2013
- Jasper Apartments in Wedgwood - 2012 - curated all art, photographs on permanent display in lobby, office and 4th floor
- NEAT - North End Arts Tour - December 2012
- Wedgwood Art Festival - July 2012
- Oasis Art Gallery - multiple exhibitions and permanent displays - 2007 to 2012
- Art on the Ridge - May 2012
- Wedgwood Art Festival - July 2011
- Wedgwood Art Festival - July 2010
- Alliance Healing Arts - September 2008
- Bella Cosa Foods - September 2008
- Four Legs Good - June 2008
- Teahouse Kuan Yin - April 2008
- Enlighten in Ballard - August & Sept 2006
- Sirens Salon - April 2006 - 2007
- Sunriver Books in Oregon - 2005 - 2010
- Wedgwood Massage Therapy - July 2005 - March 2007
- Black Cat Cafe - June & August 2005
- RE/MAX Forum Center in Ballard - February 2005
- ActivSpace Leasing Office on Lake City Way November 2004 - June 2005
- Black Box Gallery - October 2004
- Enlighten in Ballard - August & Sept 2004